Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Week of April 26th...

Worry looks around...sorry looks back...Faith looks up.

It's been a great two weeks. I've felt really good; I've worked every day and I've walked quite a bit. (many miles actually!!) Thank you, Lord, for allowing me the opportunity to have another day to experience life and to do your work!!

On Monday morning, 4/26, I had blood work and saw Dr. Partridge (oncology doctor). The lab results showed that my white blood count is a little low, so I was unable to have chemotherapy that day. (Although, I didn't realize I was supposed to have it until I got there...hmm!) Anyway, she is not overly concerned because the count is just slightly below what they want it to be. The low count is a direct side effect from the Carboplatin. She wants to see me next week for another blood work up. If my WBC is high enough I will have my chemo treatment on Monday, 5/3. If it's not, I will probably still have treatment, but then on Tuesday I would have to go in for a shot of Neupogen, which will stimulate white blood cell production. I'm not sure how often these shots are given, but I imagine I will find out soon enough. The Neupogen has a side effect of bone pain from slight to severe. We've all learned how I seem to react to medications....alright...well we're just not going there!!!

I will post a blog again next week after treatment.

"Do not fear, I am a wall of protection around you." GOD

Peace and many blessings and prayers,

Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sandy,

    I am so glad to hear you have been out and about walking and enjoying the weather (until the rains came). I hope you got in a walk today and tomorrow is suppose to be a beauty! I'm a walker too and plan to get out tomorrow. Btw, you won't believe this but just this last weekend I learn that my best(since kindergarten)friend's brother-in-law has brain cancer too. This last Monday him & his wife flew to SFO for his surgery and in a week or so he will be returning to KC to undergo treatments similar to yours. I'm blown away I know 2 people with this in such a short time(actually 3). What's up? On the positive side, he's positive too and has a deep spiritual belief like you that I know will guide him and support him. So, I pray for you both...stay focused, fueled, and battle on SuperSandy! Hugs, Christy

    ReplyDelete