Monday, December 13, 2010

Update...

I live with open eyes and an open heart to fully experience the goodness of the Lord.

My last chemo treatment on November 22nd was uneventful. My blood counts were just okay. Didn't feel well on Thanksgiving Day, but there will be many more Thanksgiving Days to feel well. I bounced back as I always do and for that I am thankful.

For the last week or so I've been experiencing hives again. Not quite sure what that's all about, but I will discuss with my doctor on my next visit which is Monday, December 20th. I'm praying this is not a repeat from last March and the fiasco that was. Although this morning, they seem to be better. Who knows...I guess I'm just a medical mystery!

My next chemo treatment is Monday, December 20th. Let's pray my 'sick day' will be before Christmas! That would be a wonderful present! My next MRI should be during the first week of January and I am anxiously looking forward to good news.....you know me...always the optimist!

Take time to feel the hope and peace of this miraculous season.

Stay warm!
+Sandy

3 comments:

  1. Merry December Sandy!

    It may be that your medical mystery-ism your faith in the Lord, and your bouncy optimism are all the right ingredients that are needed to keep you on the path to full recovery...and I pray so! Here's to wishing you an uneventful next treatment, a joyous Christmas (one of many many more) and a clean slate on that next MRI...hugs & snowflake glitter, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy,

    I am glad things are going well. I just wanted you to know I am passing along your link to some other sweet folks we have seen here at Duke. I hope you will be able to inspire them the way you have inspired us!

    Blessings to you during this Christmas season!

    Ashley Sumrall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy, I am so grateful for GOD's amazing grace! You are a walking miracle!!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday (1/10) and 2011 is fantastic. You are in my thoughts and prayers often. Roz

    ReplyDelete