Monday, June 10, 2013

June 3, 2013...Set back

First, let me start out with a sincere, heartfelt "Thank You" to all my prayer partners/warriors.  Without you, this journey would be so difficult.  The strength and comfort I feel by your surrounding prayers has moved me...I just can't express how much with eloquence.

Here's the latest news on our journey.....
Monday, June 3, 2013 I had my 2nd brain surgery. The pathology report came back that I have a recurrent tumor.  My surgeon removed tissue, about 'grape' size that had cancer cells present. He was pretty aggressive with the removal so the hope is that he got everything he could see.

I'm in the process of healing.....physically (3-1/2 years older!!) and emotionally....finally getting my mojo back!!  I must confess this is hard.  I was disappointed and grieving,  but I am now setting my sights on praying, healing and living!!

What's next????
My stitches will be removed Friday, June 14th and I am hopeful to go back to work on Monday, June 17th.  The plan is to have my Neuro-Oncologist at Duke University direct my next course of treatment in St. Louis.  I can't have overall brain radiation again....that was a one time shot, but I can get the SRS boost (focalized radiation) at the resection site, so that will probably the happen.  Not sure yet on the Chemotherapy regimen....so more to come on that once known.

A friend of my daughter, Kellie, sent her this passage the night we got the pathology report. I believe this will now be my mantra....

"Remember....God wouldn't give obstacles to someone who couldn't pull through. He gives his roughest battles to his strongest soldiers!"

43 months from original diagnosis, this set back is NOT setting me back.....We can do this!!

Jesus bring the Rain!

+Peace,
Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, thanks so much for your update, I have been wondering about the outcome of your surgery. I can't believe it's only been a week and already you are blogging...that's great! Yes, keep healing and praying and we will all do the praying! God speed on recovery, xox Christy

    ReplyDelete