Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday, May 21, 2010

Life is GOOD today!

It's been a fairly uneventful two weeks since my last post. I've felt pretty good, although I did come down with a cold that landed in my chest. I'm ramping up on Vitamin C and sinus rinse, so all that remains is a bit of a lingering cough. I haven't been able to get my walks in as much because of the rainy season we're in, but am trying to get out as much as possible. I am so looking forward to sunny weather...as I'm sure everyone is.

I saw my oncologist on Thursday morning. Blood work results came back very good. There are so many counts on that piece of paper from the lab, and I don't understand all of them, but I do know that my white blood counts are up to 2200. This means that the Neulasta (bone marrow stimulant) shot is doing it's job. It's been two weeks since my last chemo treatment, so if the counts were going to be low, they would be now. At this point, we don't expect them to drop. I am just slightly anemic, but not enough to be concerned.

My next blood work up and appointment is scheduled for June 3rd. If all is well, I will have treatment on that day as well. This will be treatment #3....leaving me with only 3 more to go. I would expect to have a MRI probably in June or July since that will be the halfway point in my treatment.

My doctor is so pleased with my results....it's about time!!! I haven't exactly been a textbook patient. I haven't reacted negatively (so far!) to the Carboplatin. I'm not on steroids, except with my treatment. (Doc told me she has many patients that can't come off of steroids at all...I'm feeling very lucky!) I'm strong neurologically, physically and mentally....well usually strong mentally. I've had a couple of meltdown moments recently. But everyone has their days...right? It's all just part of life and dealing with the crosses we have to bear.

It brings me to tears to realize just how blessed I am to have so many friends thinking of me, checking on me, praying for me. GOD has called me to carry this burden. I have accepted it and am faithfully doing what HE wants me to do. I am in HIS arms and HE carries me everyday.

I make my way through this experience bravely and courageously because I am not alone. I am wrapped in the blanket of God's love, lifted up and cared for.

Many Blessings to all,
Sandy

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sandy...
    The sun is shining down on you now so I'm certain you will be out refueling in those glorious rays and from your blog it looks like you've received good news in your lab results and if you top that with your physical and neurological well being...then that all this should help pump up your mental. And you're right..we all have meltdowns in the course of our lives...so push through it, don't let it try to drag you down...you have too much spirit for that, so drop kick it out the door as you go out for a terrific walk and don't forget your shades..it's pretty bright out there...kinda like you!
    Thinking and praying for ya, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a nice long wonderful weekend Sandy!
    Thinking & praying for ya, Christy

    ReplyDelete