Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Thus far has the Lord helped us." Samuel 7:12

I had blood work this morning and the results were better than on Monday. The Neupogen shots worked to bring my blood counts up to the point that I was able to have chemo today.

I had a full dose of the Carboplatin. I came home and slept pretty much all day, but haven't had any other negative side effects at this point. I'm remaining optimistic that all will continue to go well. I go back for one more shot on Friday morning. This time I will get Neulasta, which is a longer lasting bone marrow stimulant that is supposed to keep my blood cell count from dropping too low.

My next doctor appointment is May, 20th. I'm looking forward to that appointment because I'm curious how the Neulasta will keep my blood counts stable.

Thank you for your continued gifts of prayers. You all are in my daily prayers as well. I am amazed everyday that I am so blessed.

Touch me with your hand Father, and use me to pass on your touch to others.

Peace,
Sandy

3 comments:

  1. I Love you my Sandy Sister!!!! You are such an awesome person, and sister. I am so blessed to know you. Happy Mother's Day on Sunday. You keep the faith and I will keep the prayers coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear you are holding steady Sandy and no negative side effects is certainly positive so stay in your optimistic zone! Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend...you deserve it. Thinking of you with prayers always, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy....just thinking about you and hoping you have a smooth sailing tomorrow at your appointment. Enjoy this lovely day, Christy

    ReplyDelete