Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th Treatment and MRI Results

God gives the very best to those who leave the choices up to him!

Sorry for my delayed update....life can be crazy sometimes!!
I had my MRI on Friday, June 25th and my oncologist appointment on Tuesday, June 29th. The MRI results were good...no tumor regrowth! The small 'enhancement' at the tumor site that they saw in January and March seems to be a bit smaller as well. When it was first seen in January, the doctors weren't sure if the 'enhancement' was scar tissue or resistant tumor. Since it appears smaller, it could very well be resistant tumor, they just don't know. The only way to really know is surgery...not doing that right now. Still all in all, this is exciting news!

As far as my blood counts, everything is so, so. My platelets are low, which is a side effect of the Carboplatin, so the chemo I had on Wednesday, June 30th was a 10% less dose than my previous treatment. Reducing the dose was more preferable than not taking chemo for several weeks to try to bring my platelet count up. I also had a Neulasta (bone marrow stimulant) shot on Thursday to help increase my white blood cell count. I didn't feel as sick with this treatment, which I attribute to the lesser dose, plus I took more anti-nausea medicine.

Next oncologist appointment is Tuesday, July 13th. Next appointment with my radiation oncologist is Thursday, July 15th for a 4-month follow-up. I am anxious to hear what he has to say about the MRI results!!

Only 2 more treatments to go...mid July and then early August to finish. I would imagine I will have another MRI then.

I am feeling good and remain thankful for every day and all the prayers sent my way. The power of prayer is absolutely unbelievable...I am so blessed!!

Every day is a gift, not a given right!

Sandy

3 comments:

  1. You continue to amaze me. You are just so strong. I keep seeing "little girl Sandy" reduced to tears over the smallest thing. Well that "little girl Sandy" is one strong Big Girl now! I continue to pray for you daily. I love you so much. Aunt Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,
    I am so glad to hear this news as you are. It appears to me you are the resistant one and this cancer doesn't have a chance with you. I am praying for a positive report on July 15th...nothing for you but good news all the way. Hugs & prayers, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news to read Sandy. I continue to send prayers to you and your family. I can't wait to read the next update. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete