Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Belated" Doctor Visit and 5th Treatment Update

I envision radiant health in my body this very moment. I feel stronger and more alive, renewed and energized.

Once again I am sorry for my delayed blog update, but I've been crazy busy. Busy is good, because it means that I am feeling good!

My last doctor appointment was on Monday, July 26th. All of my labs looked good so I was able to get a full dose of chemo this time. Then had a Neulasta shot on Tuesday, the 27th. I was really tired and achy, but that passed by the weekend.

Good news....I don't have to see the doctor again until August 23rd. If my labs continue to look good, I will have a full dose of chemo again. That will be my 6th and final treatment. How about that...it means that I will have made it through all 6 treatments without an allergic reaction. Life is good and God is gracious!!!

I constantly ask God to bless me with the strength to continue this battle that he has given me to fight. I thank him daily that he is letting me win!!!!

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish and it will be done for you.
--John 15:7

Blessings for a peaceful week,
Sandy

5 comments:

  1. Yea! I continue to be amazed by your energy for everything! I know this past week has probably been a harder battle than battling this dang cancer but you are persevering and winning on both accounts!!!!!!! I love you Sandy Sister. I am here for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What my sister Tracy is referring to in her comment above is this past weekend I moved my daughter Alison to NC. Her husband arrived safely home from Iraq Wednesday night and they will be living in Fayetteville for the next couple of years. I think leaving her was harder than fighting this cancer, she was my sidekick for 20 years! They are so ecstatic to finally be together that I can't help be ecstatic for them. Besides, we have webcam,IM,texting and cellphone...thank God for all the modern conveniences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sandy,

    Yes, I have been worried about you but I see why you have been busy and I totally understand leaving a daughter or having a daughter leave you as mine did recently to go back to San Fran after being here for a wedding, it sure pulls at the heart strings. But being busy is good and I hope you have some other projects up your sleeve for this month! Stay cool, focused, and as upbeat as ever. My prayers are with you, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, I am so happy to hear your good news! Life is good, indeed. Enjoy every moment of it. It is truly a blessing to be alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy...hope your visit to doc today went well...thinking about ya, Christy

    ReplyDelete