Saturday, March 27, 2010

Off to buy a wig today..

I rise out of the old and into the new.

I've had two good days of solid rest and it has helped me tremendously. Now that I've finally gotten out of bed and looked in the mirror...oh my...I need some hair!

As with everything on this journey, I've done nothing with in the ordinary. Hair loss occurs in a very small percentage of patients who take Temodar. Of course...I fall into that small percentage! Anyhow...Carboplatin, the chemo drug I start taking Monday, causes hair loss too. SO......wig shopping today! No....folks.....I'm not coming home 'platinum blonde'!

The sun is shining, thank you Lord for another beautiful day!

I will trust, and will not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and my might. Isaiah 12:2

Peace,
Sandy

4 comments:

  1. Sandy...I have 2 wigs (one long wavy dishwater blondish & another auburn bob...both have bangs) plus a headband slipon with long wavy blonde hair you are welcome to try. I'll be at work (American Visions Contemporary Crafts,9854 Manchester...just E of Berry R side) on Wed if you are out and about...would be glad to bring them in with me...no problem! The slip-on is close to the color I see in your photo here. Call me if you are interested...636-677-2939 H or 636-248-4322 C. Glad you are rested...get fueled too...keep that energy up! Hugs & Kisses, Christy Divaofdeep@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,

    I am so happy you are feeling better. You are one of the strongest human beings that I know. I truly admire you and your faith. Like I have told you before, you are beautiful and you will continue to be beautiful with or without hair.

    Love ya sister. Take care and let me know if you need anything.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your Sandy Sister, Sister..... your courage yesterday was inspiring. You are truly beautiful inside and out. I have to say, you look mighty fine even without hair!!!! that is because of that beauty in and out. (Your have such a pretty head too :)!) I know it is a perfect color and fit because you glowed and your smile reached your eyes again when we left there with your "new hair" Rock on babeeee. I love you so much. Trac

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful with your "new" hair. Not sure it's not better then the old hair! Just kidding. What a week you've had. I've been praying and praying for you many times a day. You are inspiring me in so many ways. Hope today goes well for you. Love, Aunt Kay

    ReplyDelete