Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oh My Goodness...It's been a month since my last post?

The healing power of God and the Spirit renews me.

Yikes...I didn't realize it has been so long since I last posted on my blog. My apologies to my followers. Here is what's been going on in my world...

My last chemotherapy was Thursday afternoon, September 23rd. All of my blood counts looked good enough to get the full dose of Carboplatin. As usual, I went home and went to bed after treatment. On Friday I was feeling pretty good, went to work and then went out to get a Neulasta shot. I was feeling good until Saturday evening, when the bottom fell out. It seemed like all of sudden exhaustion over took me and I began to feel nauseous and just ached all over. I went to bed about 7pm Saturday night, didn't get out of bed on Sunday, didn't get out of bed on Monday, tried to get out of bed on Tuesday. I got up Tuesday morning thinking if I just took a shower, I would feel better. Let that living water pour out it's therapy over me. I went to work, stayed for about 10 minutes, came home and went back to bed. By early afternoon, thankfully, I began to feel somewhat better. I got up, sat outside and soaked up the suns warmth. It felt amazing and helped tremendously. Thank God for sunny autumn days!!

I saw Dr. Stroud, my radiation oncologist, on Thursday, September 30th. He was very pleased with my last MRI results. Will see him in 6 months!

Now that I am back feeling great again and enjoying this fabulous autumn weather, I am so excited about my upcoming visit to Duke!

All of my scans, medical records, physician notes,etc. have been sent to the Brain Tumor Center at Duke University in Durham, NC and we leave tomorrow (Wednesday, October 13th). I have a MRI scheduled for Thursday and my treatment consultation is on Friday. The only thing I know for sure is that they will direct and colaborate with my doctors at St. John's for treatment, although I'm unsure as to how often I will have to travel to North Carolina for follow-ups. I imagine I will be overloaded with information from the neuro-oncologists at Duke and I will share that with you when I return.

I am so excited and blessed for the opportunity to continue my healing journey as I partner with the doctors at Duke and at St. John's. Please pray that God will guide these doctors' skillful hands and creative minds. Your prayers continue to give me strength, thank you.

Trust God!

+ Unshakable peace to you,
Sandy

2 comments:

  1. Praying all of the time for you and the family. I am so excited to hear what the Brain Center may have to offer. Your physical and emotional strength continue to amaze me. I love you so much my Sandy's Sister. : ) (My gosh I still get a chuckle out of that. He was soooooo cute!) : >

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sandy....what great news from Dr. Stroud...and I hope the good news keeps rolling in your favor from Duke forward! I know you have left for your trip so I send prayers on wings for a terrific start to your Duke journey...you're unshakeable girl! Keep positive vibes zapping...hugs, Christy

    ReplyDelete