Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Visit to Duke - January 10th

I am a witness to the healing arms of our awesome God!!!

That's right!!!....Maybe I should rephrase that....we are ALL witnessing the tremendous power of prayer to our awesome God.

On Monday, January 10th, (my 51st birthday by the way!), I had my 3-month followup visit at Duke where I received the best birthday present ever...(besides the Kindle that Rick gave me!). The PET Scan results told the news....no cancer cells! How about that for a fabulous birthday present! Miracles happen, my friends. We are living proof that God answers our prayers.

Dr. Desjardin prescribes 2 more chemotherapy treatments...January and February. After my last treatment, she wants to see an MRI. I don't have to return to Duke for 4 months, which will be in early May and then we will be in 'symptom monitor' mode. She is very happy that I am doing so well and am so strong. Needless to say....she is also very happy that PET Scan showed 'all clear'.

My January treatment will be on Monday, the 17th. I'm looking forward to getting that over with.

I would not be this far without all of you who keep me in your daily prayers. It feels fabulous to know that I have so many friends that care about me. "Thank you" just doesn't seem to do justice to how grateful I am for all of you. God will carry us as we continue this journey.

Miracles happen....HE is not done with me yet!!

Peace and warmth,
Sandy

3 comments:

  1. Overwhelmingly great news Sandy!!!! You have remained so strong and courageous throughout your journey. We, of course, will continue to keep you covered in prayer!! Our God is an awesome God

    ((hugs))
    Pam Griesemer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Prayer Soldiers...let's keep the pressure of prayers on for Sandy and throughout her recovery. Excellent news Sandy...I find myself coming back to your blog over and over again, rejoiced at all your wonderful and deserving news...so thrilled! Hugs & high 5's, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the best news I have heard all year! Congratulations Sandy! Again, I have been amazed at your strength and unwavering faith Sandy. May you continue to feel the healing arms of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete