Saturday, January 2, 2010

4th Week of Phase 1 Treatment - Complete

Hope is contagious!!

Another week down...This phase is 64% complete!! I met with my Radiation Oncologist on Thursday and found out that I only have 12 more radiation treatments to go...I was thinking I had 15!! The appointment calendar I was given had me scheduled through January 22nd. But apparently, this is a tentative schedule that takes into account any missed visits and so my appointment time and the radiation machine would be reserved for me to make up any needed treatments. My last radiation treatment in this phase will be Tuesday, January 19th. WooHoo!!! As you can imagine...I walked out of there Thursday morning very happy...partly because I may be able to begin weaning off the steroids sooner than I thought and also because of only 12 more 'daily' trips out to St. John's

I met with my Medical Oncologist this week as well. My blood work showed I'm anemic. This is more than likely a side effect of the antibiotic I'm taking to prevent pneumonia. The doc took me off of that antibiotic and put me on Folic Acid....so we will see what next weeks lab results show. I'm trusting my red blood cell count goes up!

My hair is continuing to thin more in the targeted radiation spots. Grrr!!! Don't need a wig or hat yet, so I'm dealing with it...some days better than others...but dealing with it nonetheless. I continue to be really, really tired...(certainly the side effects of the radiation, chemo and now anemia). I am resting as much as I can....well to be honest, as much as I am willing to let myself rest!! My prayers for continued strength to endure are being answered.

As always, I am forever grateful and in awe of the generous prayers and support of each and every one of you. Please know that my daily prayers thank and praise God for you and I ask Him to protect and bless you and your loved ones.
2010 is going to be our year everyone!!! I am living in trust that God will bring about the miracle of total healing that we are asking and praying for. HE is a good and gracious God and HE has transformed my life into living in trust, not in fear of him. With God, all things are possible.

Whatever challenge arises in my life, my faith in God sees me through. I am faith in action!

My sites are set on Week 5...join me won't you?!?!?!

Happy New Year!
Sandy

5 comments:

  1. Hey Sandy!

    64% down...you are over the hump in that department...I woohoo with you! Also...I agree good news on 12 vs. 15 this treatment! I am looking outside and seeing a crisp cold January afternoon and thnking I need to get out there and walk so I will dedicate my first walk of the year to you. So stay inside, stay warm and relaxed...rest up your energy to attack week 5 ok. Thanks for all your brave updates and yes, I join you for week 5 as a soldier on your side for this battle of recovery. Go girl and cheers for the New Year! Thinking of you, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,

    I have been following your journey since you began your blog. I am amazed and inspired by your faith. You are certainly an inspiration. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Keep up the good fight. All things are possible with God's loving grace.

    Tricia B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy,
    You are an inspiration. I am truly amazed at your strength, inner and outward. You keep hanging in there. I know the Lord is right beside you through this as are all of us.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy,

    Be strong in the Lord. I talked to your hubby today (been in meetings together but we have never officially met), and he said you are always glad to get notes. I never know if people want to be bothered or not.

    Anyway, you are in my prayers daily. I can't say that your strength surprises, because it doesn't but I'm glad you are sharing your story. You are an inspiration. God Bless.

    Steve Bromley

    ReplyDelete