Saturday, December 26, 2009

3rd Week of Phase 1 Treatment - Complete

There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow. ~Orison Marden

Another week down....only 3-1/2 weeks more to go in this phase (well technically, that would be 19 radiation treatments, 28 more days of chemotherapy)....oh happy day!

I've been pretty tired this week and of all things came down with a respiratory infection. The doc put me on a z-pac antibiotic which has helped tremendously. No more fever, and on the road to recovery from that!

My hair is now beginning to thin in the spots were the radiation is focalized. Although I knew this was going to happen, it's kind of thrown me for a loop. I'm working to get over that! I know, it's only hair.
The condition of the body has little or no relationship to the condition of the spirit.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas spent in a meaningful way with those you love and care for...after all, this is what it's all about. I am forever grateful to all of you...my family and friends, who have been so prayerful, supportive and encouraging, you have changed my life with your outpouring and sharing of these gifts.

The Lord replied, "When you have seen only one set of footprints, My child, is when i carried you."

I'm focusing toward Week 4, so bring it on!!!

Peace,
Sandy

2 comments:

  1. Sandy...good going girl! As I mentioned to you before, I have had several girlfriends beat breast cancer (all beat it) and most of them had radiation/chemo and each had to struggle with hair loss. Most all of them went ahead and got a short cut weeks before they really started to lose it...to acclimate easier (if that is possible)...so just a tip there. Think about a short cut you always wanted to try...and maybe give it a go. I even had a hat party for one friend and everybody brought hats for her to use (from hysterical to practical)...we made an event of it! Like you so rightly said, "The condition of the body has little or no relationship to the condition of the spirit" It's going to be tough, but you can decide to be in control of your hair instead of the cancer...and we both know how we like control! Praying for you and rooting you on a path of total recovery! Hugs, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sandy Sister: I love you. Thank you for being such an inspiration. The Christ light shines brightly within you and you glow because of His presence (with a C). It is helping to guide me in the journey. I am thinking of you know and loving you forever!

    ReplyDelete