Sunday, November 22, 2009

11/19/2009..First update to everyone on Thursday (Just adding to Blog)

Hi everyone,
I want to keep my support system updated on what's going on with me...I will try to send emails as I continue to learn more. Feel free to pass this information on to anyone you know...the more prayers I have the more God's healing touches me.

I know I'm missing some emails, so if you forward this on, please let me know to whom you forwarded and I would love to add them in my contact list.

I cannot tell you how touched I am by the outpouring of prayers of healing and strength and support.....I am truly the most blessed person on this planet!

Here's an update from my Radiation Oncologist consultation on yesterday, 11/18/2009....

St. John's is proposing that I don't need overall head radiation therapy, only radiation concentrated to the surrounding tumor location. This means that I probably won't lose all of my hair. The doctor seemed to be encouraged by the size of the tumor, as it wasn't as big as he has seen, meaning that he thinks we found it at a good time, however, they do know they didn't get it all, but they were able to get what they saw. Radiation will be 5 days a week for ~6 1/2 weeks. There are other radiation therapy options if they feel this is not working. However, radiation usually is one time therapy, we'll have to see how it goes. We will probably start right after Thanksgiving, he doesn't want to wait because time is ticking. He will treat this as aggressive as he can...which I told him is what I want to do. I will have a lot of fatigue and most likely some short term memory loss, but I can deal with that. I have another MRI done tomorrow night, so he can see the post-surgery site prior to the beginning of treatment. I left there feeling very comfortable with this doctor and he works very closely with the medical oncologist I saw at St. John's, who I see this afternoon for the results of my body scan from Monday.

I still plan on keeping my consulting appointments with Siteman Cancer Center next week to see what they have to offer. I'm really anxious to continue my healing journey!!

Peace,
Sandy

Speak kindly.Live simply.Care deeply.Love generously.
Leave the rest to God.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Look at you posting! Good luck this week at SCC. See you next week for lunch. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of your strength, courage and faith. Keep it up, I am so proud of you. Thank you for being my Sandy sister!

    ReplyDelete