Saturday, December 19, 2009

2nd Week of Phase 1 Treatment - Complete

But those that hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

Week 2 of radiation (10 days!)...DONE! 13 days of Chemotherapy...DONE! Yay! But it hasn't been without a price, hasn't been an easy week for me. I've been pretty hard on myself as I'm trying to cope emotionally with the fatigue that is setting in. I don't like this feeling one bit. It's been humbling to discover that I can only do so much and need to ask for help...which is very, very difficult for me. So my prayers this week have been focusing on letting the Lord carry me on this journey and to not resist help when it's offered.

This 'fatigue' business....it's a different sort of tired feeling, unlike any tiredness I've experienced before. I am very disciplined (to a fault!) and have always pushed and challenged myself to move forward in everything I do, but I'm struggling with being able to do that with this. I know...I know...I can hear all-you-all are saying..."Be kind to yourself, quit trying to make yourself do something when your body is telling you that you need to take it easy." And of course, all-you-all would be right!! But you see, I'm a bit stubborn (ha!..just a little bit!), so it will take me a while to finally drill that concept into this thick head of mine. ...I continue to be a work in progress!!

Alright...enough already of digressing into a pity party!! As Week 2 ends, statisically making me about 30.3% complete with Phase 1, I'm looking outward to Week 3. I CAN do this...I'm DOING it everyday..and I WILL continue to do it! My faith in God fills me with hope and confidence.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers.

The Lord is with me. I will not be afraid. Psalm 118:6

Onward to Week 3...

Peace and hope,
Sandy

Speak kindly.Live simply.Care deeply.Love generously.
Leave the rest to God.

3 comments:

  1. Sandy..it's ok to have a pity party...its ok. You are doing the best you can do, I give you a HIGH 5 on endurance and lots of prayers to pull your through. Thinking of you this morning and looking at your beauty and the beauty outside. Enjoy this day, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to offer prayers for you daily. Onward to week 3 sister soldier! (or is that my Sandy Sister Soldier :), inside joke about the Sandy Sister part!) You continue to amaze me in your courage, affirmation of our Lord and the healing powers that are at work inside you. I know that the Holy Spirit has filled you and we around you get to witness the miracle! It is a rough walk that only those who have or are going thru know, but know this, Miracles do happen and you will be one of them. Breathe and Believe as quoted by one of our sista's! You are so beautiful inside and out. Your light is shining brightly for all to see. Soldier on in week 3, your prayer soldiers are with you! Let those who can and will help you when you, the super Girl is tired. This is one of your biggest battles! Thinking of you know, loving you forever! Trac

    ReplyDelete