Friday, December 11, 2009

First Week of Phase 1 Treatment - Complete

I stand firm and steadfast with God and all my 'healing supporters' in my fight against this disease . I know I'm already winning the battle.

My first week (5 days) of radiation is complete and 5 days into Chemotherapy...woohoo!! I have felt okay...several headaches, but nothing that extra-strength tylenol has not been able to take care of. Although today was a little worse than the previous days, a little stronger headache and starting to get a bit tired. I do tend to push myself, so today I came home from work and took a nap. So unlike me, however I must admit...so necessary!! But...only 5 1/2 more weeks of this phase!! They say the next couple of weeks will get a bit rough, but I remain up for the fight, because I know God is healing me and I believe in miracles.

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I don't want to take for granted all the wonderful prayers and support I have in all of you. I wouldn't be able to stay as strong as I am if not for everything that you all have done for me.

Crisis breeds transformation. With transformation HOPE is born. With HOPE, we can accomplish ALL things. I'm going to be LIVING proof!

Hope and Peace to all...
Sandy

7 comments:

  1. Sandy...the Beckmann house is praying for you everyday. I am so amazed at your strength as you go through your healing process. You are in my thoughts everyday...find your happy place and hold on. We love you! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy, Sharon & I were talking about your incredible strength and determination last nite at a little get-together in Fenton. Way to go on your first week and yes, good idea to grab a nap when you feel the urge...to conserve all that energy you have so you can move forward in the weeks ahead. Thinking about you with prayers, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, we are with you in spirit and prayers as you start week two. Thank you for your updates. We're always thinking of you.

    Jim and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, You are a radiant being and I am so amazed at your strength. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. You can do it , Sandy!
    Love to you, Julia Williams

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so so so proud of you mom, your strength and inspriation that beams off you is absolutely amazing. I hope that Kellie, Lolo, and I will be able to show so much strength and courage in everything that we do, as you are showing through this whole ordeal. You've truly shown us, that when God throw's you a hardball that blocks your way in that path, that their is no doubt he will definitely show you a different path to take. He always has plan. It's funny your support system should be the ones holding you up, but just like "ole Sandra" your the one still holding everyone up because thats just who you are. You are so amazing mom. I love you momma-cita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "keep on truckin' baby"... lyrics in a song from the 70's but it sure comes to mind now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a terrific Christmas & New Year celebration Sandy. I hope it is xtra enjoyable with your famiy and friends...thinking of ya, Christy

    ReplyDelete